goPuff is the go-to solution for immediate everyday needs, fulfilling customer orders of cleaning and home products to over-the-counter medications to food and drinks, and in some markets, alcohol - in just minutes.
The District Operations Manager (DoM) role is crucial to contributing to the success of goPuff Fresh Food team by leading and managing all kitchens based in their districts and their respective teams (both Kitchen Leads and Kitchen Associates). This role is expected to create and maintain a positive experience for all of our customers and staff. We expect the DoM to support multiple units and assist with future launches after shoring up any existing kitchens. Responsibilities will include hiring/interviewing/training ALL new kitchen staff, improving the food program, vendor management, inventory control, budgeting, menu management, and
- Create and manage a repeatable process to hire A-players for Gopuff kitchens
- World class trainer and process developer. You are going to write the book on how we implement systems, hold team members accountable and develop your team for future growth
- Support your Regional team as they launch the next wave of kitchens. This will involve rolling up your sleeves and coordinating well with Gopuff counterparts
- Ensure the trains run on time. Every operating day, ensure your kitchens open on time and properly with the opening checklist, and ensure your kitchens close properly according to the closing checklist, and any systemic issues are immediately escalated for resolution
- You are responsible for all customer interactions at your kitchens - everything that your teams do well is a reflection of you; everything that your team does poorly or fails to do is also a reflection of you. The buck stops with you.
- Understand the drivers for sales within your kitchens. Review important KPIs weekly with your team and proactively work to meet your goals.
- Displays a customer-first attitude by training and holding kitchen associates accountable for delivering legendary customer service.
- Demonstrates a professional and calm demeanor at all times - especially during periods of high volume and stress.
- Cultivates and maintains a positive vibe within the team and kitchen.
- Plans, communicates and delegates responsibilities and practices to Kitchen Leads and Associates to ensure a positive and smooth flow of operations.
- Coaches and directs Kitchen Leads and Associates to help reach operational goals.
- Acts as an objective observer to identify problems, concerns and opportunities for improvement.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with partners in the district by understanding and addressing individual motivation, needs and concerns.
- Utilize and demonstrate effective management principles and practices to create and maintain a successful store team resulting in an environment where associates are valued and respected.
- Recognize and reinforce individual and team accomplishments by using existing programs as well as by finding new creative and effective methods of recognition.
- Ensure team members adhere to legal and operational, and state health department compliance requirements
- Manage associates by regularly conducting performance assessments, providing feedback and setting goals to improve team performance.
- Develop strong relationships with MFC partners in the district to ensure smooth operations. Work closely alongside the GM, OAs, Dispatch and Drivers Ops teams to achieve target KPIs
- 4+ Years in a Multi Unit Manager or Director Role leading teams of 60- Food & Beverage background is a plus!
- Knowledge of ServSafe as well as state/local food safety protocols
- 4+ years of New Unit Openings - ideally in a 'new market'
- Excellent time management, communication and strategy skillset
- Proficient in PnL Management
PERKS FOR THE SQUAD
- Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K
- Stock Equity
- Annual Performance Appraisal and Bonus
- Growth Opportunity
- Internal Rewards Program
- Employee discount on GoPuff purchases
The only predictable thing about life is that its wildly unpredictable.Thats where we come in.
When life does what it does best, customers turn to Gopuff to deliver their everyday essentials, and to get through their day & night, work day and weekend.
Were assembling a team of thinkers, dreamers & risk-takers...the kind of people who know the value of peace of mind in an unpredictable world. (And people who love snacks.)
Like what youre hearing? Welcome to Gopuff.
The Gopuff Fam is committed to an inclusive workplace where we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or familial status, age, ancestry, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply. We are an equal employment opportunity employer.