What is DoorDash?
Available in over 4,000 cities, DoorDash is about connecting people with possibilities: bigger savings accounts, wider nets, stronger communities, and happier days. We empower local businesses and local drivers (called Dashers) with opportunities to earn, work, and live.
As a Dasher, you can be your own boss and enjoy the flexibility of choosing when, where, and how much you earn. All you need is a mode of transportation and a smartphone to start making money. It’s that simple.
Why deliver with DoorDash
- Earn extra money for your goals: Achieve your short-term goals or long-term dreams by driving or biking with DoorDash.
- Choose your own hours: Unlike full-time jobs or seasonal gigs, when and where you work is totally up to you.
- Freedom to dash anywhere: Deliver near your home or in a city you're just visiting.
- Easy to get started: Don't worry about car inspections or vehicle restrictions. Just sign up and receive everything you need to start earning.
- Receive deliveries right away: Once approved, log on to the Dasher app to receive nearby orders immediately.
- Know how much you'll make: Clear and concise pay model lets you know how much you will make before accepting any order.
Sign Up details & requirements
- 18 years or older, any car, scooter, or bicycle (in select cities)
- Driver's license number
- Social security number (only in the United States)
Final Step: Consent to a background check
How to sign up
- Submit application
- Choose driver orientation
- Complete sign-up
- Get the app and go
1) What is the application process for becoming a DoorDash food courier?
- Open the Play Store and download the DoorDash app.
- Search for driver jobs and click on apply now.
- Upload documents in the DoorDash app after filling out the needed information.
- After getting the candidate's consent for the background check, DoorDash hires him.
2) Are the DoorDash food courier paid a fixed wage?
- The DoorDash food courier is an independent contractor, not an employee.
- Freelancers receive payments based on how often they deliver.
- There is no such fixed pay for driver jobs because the drivers can work as per their will.
- The more they do the deliveries, the more they get paid.
3) Do DoorDash jobs need any experience?
Drivers can apply for this DoorDash food courier job without any previous experience. It is always an added advantage if the driver has experience. It is always good to have experienced staff in the company.
4) What is the Drive Portal of DoorDash?
Using the Drive Portal, you can track Drive orders on your DoorDash dashboard. In this section, you can view the live tracking of Dashers. A tracking system can estimate deliveries, reschedule, cancel deliveries, transports, reschedule, or drop movements.
5) Why do DoorDash jobs need background checks?
In DoorDash jobs, they use Checkr as its third-party provider to run the background checks. DoorsDash believes in providing prospective project workers with a chance to snare positions. They do this so that candidates with criminal backgrounds cannot join the organization. Background checks help to understand the reliability of the resources.
6) Does DoorDash compensate for mileage?
They don't pay for gas. There is no mileage reimbursement with DoorDash. By tracking the delivery distance, the DoorDash food courier could create some reimbursements.
7) What are the essential requirements to apply for DoorDash jobs?
Apply now if you meet the following driver jobs requirements:
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Cars, scooters, and bicycles are all acceptable modes of transport for deliveries.
- Driver’s license and the registration number
- Social security number
- Consent to a background check