DoorDash Delivery Driver / Courier
No passengers. No bosses. Just you, your tunes, and the road.
Sign up now and start making money!
Choose your wheels and deliver food and other items from local merchants to hungry customers.
Be your own boss. Work when you want, wherever you want. Work in the morning, at night, or any time in between. Use any car, bike, scooter, motorcycle, or moped to deliver Start today and be your own boss. Get on the road today.
Car, Motorcycle, and Moped Requirements:
- iPhone or Android smartphone
- Valid Driver's License and insurance
- 18+ years of age
- 1+ years of driving experience
- iPhone or Android smartphone
- 18+ years of age
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with local businesses. Customers order meals and other items from their favorite local merchants and Dashers deliver them directly to their doors. Dashers are third-party contractors who deliver for merchants to customers. Dashers are paid on a per delivery basis, not per hour.
1) What are the vehicle requirements of DoorDash?
DoorDash offers a range of modes of transportation. Following are the requirements:
- To apply for DoorDash jobs, you must be 18 years old or above.
- Delivery drivers can choose any vehicle they prefer - a car, a scooter, or a van.
- You can deliver by bike but only in some selected cities, depending on the market size.
- If you are applying to work in the United States, you must attach your Social Security Number with your application form.
- Selected delivery drivers must give their consent to a background check after their interview round.
- DoorDash demands minimum vehicle requirements to apply for these job openings. If you are looking to earn extra with minimum requirements, this is the opportunity for you, Apply Now!
2) How do Dashers receive their weekly payments?
DoorDash uses the dasher pay model to make hassle-free payments. The firm wants no complications when it comes to money.
The following formula is used to calculate payments of delivery drivers:
- Base Pay + Promotions + Tips = Total Payout
- Base pay - time, distance, and desirability. Base pay will also depend on the type of order.
- Promotions will help you earn through peak pay and challenges.
- Tips will depend on the quality of your service. Delivery drivers are free to keep all the tips they earn while dashing.
- Dasher will receive their payments weekly. Total payout is transferred into their bank accounts. The dasher app also has an ‘Earning Tab’ feature where you can keep a track of all the payments. Dashers have flexible working hours. They can work anytime, anywhere. If you wish to earn on your schedule and stop waiting and apply now for Doordash jobs.
3) Do Doordash drivers make good money?
DoorDash pays you for each delivery you make and complete. The more dashers deliver, the more they make. Delivery drivers can work as many shifts as they please. They also earn bonuses and have promotions during busy hours, surges, or challenges. So, yes Doordash drivers make a fair amount of money while delivering.
4) What Is a dasher supposed to do when a customer isn’t home?
When customers are not home, you may contact them and confirm their location and tell them about the delivery. Open the Dasher app and go to the ‘Help > Customer unavailable’. Start the timer and the support team will know about your issue.
DoorDash will keep a record of your text and calls with the customer. If the time expires, dashers are free to dispose of the food or just leave it on the customer’s premises and fill all the details in the dasher app.
5) How to get started if you are new to the Doordash platform?
To apply for DoorDash driver jobs, follow this simple procedure:
- Visit the official website of DoorDash. Search for ‘ driver job openings near me’.
- Check out the application form for the DoorDash driver jobs. Fill in all the details mentioned in the dasher application form.
- Choose the mode of transportation you would like to use. Attach your vehicle insurance and registration.
- Submit your driver’s license too.
- Give consent for a background check. You need to have a clean driving record to pass the background check.
- Attend an orientation where you will get to learn about all the prospects of these job openings and about the Dasher app.
- You are ready to earn as a dasher and work with the DoorDash delivery driver team.
Dasher jobs are perfect for you if you love to explore or work independently. Apply now.
6) What are some tips that dashers can use while working?
- Consider the per-mile rate of the order.
- Preset your schedule.
- Don’t waste gas.
- Avoid bad restaurants.
- Always grab some freebies like napkins or utensils.
- Make sure if there is any customization request by the customer, it is followed.
These are some of the things you must keep in mind while working. Doordash jobs are fun and easy if you are looking to earn more. Apply now and grab the opportunity.